Sunday, May 17, 2009

San Diego is Crying FRAUD on Be Productions!

New Post on Topix in San Diego...sound familiar? I add my comment:

[QUOTE who="another scammed parent"]
For your information......these accounts being provided ARE accurate. You are coming to the conclusion that they are experiences of those prior to their joining; however, most are not! The complaints you find are from the direct experience of parents who DID sign up with Be. Productions. Beware Productions should be more like it. After this company signs up an adequate amount of families, they take your money, disconnect their phone lines, and close shop....then on to the next city they go! Be. Productions has already moved throughout California 8 times in less than two years to my knowledge! They make promises of providing goods and services and then they do not make good on the deal. We signed up and paid $4,495.00. Not because we thought stardom was at the end of the tunnel, but rather for the opportunity to get experience through their classes and in-house productions. Yet, even more so because of the assistance promised to us with finding an agent, booking jobs, and having a dedicated hands-on talent director. However, each offer of services promised proved to be false. This company is FRAUDULENT. They lie in their presentation about who they've worked with, they lie about what services they are going to provide you, and they lie about their company's extensive experience in this business. I don't want my child on television, nor am I desperate to have him paying the bills, as suggested by some other comments. Some children believe it or not, actually do have the independent desire to be in this business! Be. Productions preys on these kids because they know they're out there, and Be. is planning on getting to them through a set of good parents who only aim to make their kids happy. Oh, and since your in the business of giving advice....here's a little for you---I suggest you should keep your assumptions and your opinion on an experience you have no knowledge of, to yourself! [/QUOTE]

I hope you had a chance to read my blog:
http://beproductionsscam.blogspot.com
We joined and like many parents we went along with the program and my son enjoyed the class's. The Scam part came in when we were promised one thing to "get us" to sign. When we combine that with the moving bit,it really got bad. We were on the hook for $3,500..but there are many families that I know of that were on the hook for $5,000. My blog has it all,including Barry Falck the President of Be trying to fix it (does this sound like someone who admits no wrong?)..do they tell you when you sign that you must have internet access..no..but guess what,if you didn't,they left town and gave no notice. I tracked down Eric DeSando the owner of Be using Myspace and Facebook. He closed his Facebook account after I was added and contacted him,and he stopped making me "his friend" after I sent him this open letter:
aturday, May 16, 2009
Eric DeSandos Be Productions
When I found Eric on Facebook and he added me (the same as Myspace) this is what I sent him..of course he failed to respond:

Are you a Man or Not? Can you live with yourself?
Between Erik DeSando and You

Scott Poggenburg
May 9 at 7:29pm
I saw you video on the Be web site..how many of your customers do think saw it? You claim that you had to make changes at Be, because of the economy, is this to ask our sympathy? My husband and I made an agreement prior to signing with Be, with Domingo Casanas and if I had to make a educated guess, you might have heard of us...or is Barry playing stupid again, like he did with channel 5 consumer watch here in the bay area.

It is with great sadness that at this point all I see is another face, with nothing specific, making promises that you cannot guarantee. If that was the case, you would man up...and say "this is what I will do for you", or I will give you your money back if it is not done by a specific date"...but I do not see that. All I hear is lie after lie after lie. How can you sleep at night knowing the house that you live in was paid for by hard working families? We live by pay check to pay check. How can you live with yourself knowing some of the parents that pay you that money is now out of their jobs? Does is say anywhere on my contract that I must have a e-mail address? Well if I did not or have access to the Internet how was I expected to know that Emeryville,Sac and San Jose were closed? Or do you care? I never asked anyone at Be to make my son a STAR. Far from it. Can you imagine how I felt after Domingo said he would have a paid role in a Be production and be able to help direct a show (when in talking to us,he found out my Arthur has many You Tube videos that he has made himself)..that my son hugged Domingo when the deal was done and my son "RANG" that bell! All I can say if you can look at yourself in the mirror when you get up in the morning,is contact me,give me a solid on paper guarantee that states,if you can not do what you say,you will refund my money. Can you man up or hide?

Scott and Maribel

my bog is:
http://beproductionsscam.blogspot.com
I have communicated with law enforcement,BBB read my blog please! They hope you just give up and walk away..don't do it..this needs to be stopped! My blog does have a link to Eric's Myspace account and Barry's phone number. I did sent a copy of my complaint to several tv stations down south..you have to let your voice be heard..they will be going after people at the malls and parks this summer..don't let anyone else get taken..contact me as well at arthur0424@sbcglobal.net

the link is:
http://www.topix.com/forum/san-diego/TQ0E9QP8EBK1N4U1Q

No comments: